Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #2

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.

This Week's Top Ten is: Top Ten Most Intimidating Books

So I know this meme is top TEN Tuesday, but I am not generally intimidated by books so I only came up with five. So this week will be my Top Five Tuesday (Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but oh well).


Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

This book is said to be a sort of sequel to The Shining. It is a sequel in the sense that it tells the story of little Danny Torrance all grown up and what his life has become, living with his gift. It is set for release in September of this year. The main reason I am intimidated by this book is that The Shining is such a classic and this book scares me. It has the potential to be either really great or a horrible disappointment. Here's to hoping it turns out to be wonderful and does its predecessor justice.


The Complete Works by William Shakespeare
I'm pretty sure this one speaks for itself. I have a degree in English and have therefore read a good amount of Shakespeare, but I would like to eventually read it all before I die. And let's face it, Shakespeare is intimidating. His works are hard to understand and some of them are heartbreaking. Let's also face the fact that not everything he wrote was as good as his best works.
Allegiant by Veronica Roth

This is probably the book I'm most looking forward to (along with the rest of the world). It's being released October 22nd and I cannot wait to read it. I have loved this trilogy so far. I find this book intimidating because it has a lot to live up to. I have incredibly high hopes for it and am worried it can't possibly be as good as I've made it out to be in my mind. I really hope it's an amazing conclusion to an amazing trilogy.


Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris

This book has already been released and I already own a copy, but have not had the chance to read it yet. This series was one of the first book series I really got into and it is near and dear to my heart. This is the thirteenth and final book in the series and a lot of people have been enraged by it. I have a feeling I will like it, but am a little nervous to find out. I never read or don't read a book based on other people's opinions so I will read it, but the negativity surrounding it has been a bit insane.


Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead

This is the first book in Richelle Mead's new adult series, Age of X. I already bought my copy and read the first two chapters before its release so I already know I'm going to enjoy it. The only thing holding me back from reading it right now, intimidating me if you will, is the length. I'm pretty sure it is over 120,000 words. I have nothing against long books. They just take a lot of time to get through. It's hard to allow a lot of time for any one book when I have such a huge To Be Read pile and reviews to write. I will read it because I love Richelle Mead and have loved everything she's ever written. I just have to plan to do it when I have time to spare.


Now that I've shared the books that I find intimidating, I want to know: what books intimidate you?




1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty much intimidated by size of books. Though I read Gameboard of the Gods and didn't think it was overly long.

    ReplyDelete